Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Jesus is Dead.




I hate to be the one to break the news, but Jesus is dead.  It’s not just his body, but his spirit and soul is gone.  The Man who preached that the greatest commandment is “Love” is no longer the leader of his own movement.  The term Christian no longer means Christ like.  It means “full of judgment and lacking in compassion for those with less than I.”

Now, do I know what you are thinking?  I think so.  You are saying to yourself, or perhaps verbally, that there are plenty of instances of Christ-like behavior in the world today.  I think plenty may be an exaggeration, but I will give you that.  What I look at is perception and perception is reality.  The perception is that the church is associated with the extreme right of our country.  That the Constitution is the basis for Christian ideology.   And that is how it seems to me.  The idea that the man who started a revolution based on love is now only a figurehead, an emblem, a logo of a religion that is so closely related to the Sadducees and Pharisees is simply not acceptable to me.

Here’s the thing.  I am not talking so much about the pastors and priests and people in the trenches doing the daily work.  For the most part they still have their eye on what’s important.  The people that I am concerned with are the ones in the seats on Sunday.  The ones who profess to love Jesus, love God, and then do everything they can to act against what Jesus’ true teachings were.  And while I am on the subject, you know that the teachings of Jesus are right in line with a lot of other spiritual men and women who were before him, and after him.  Men like Buddha and Confucius (ok, grab your stones now and cock your arms – but it’s true – Jesus just had better press).

You have to know what I am saying is true.  You cannot turn on the television without someone professing to be Christian and wanting to war against every other religion.  Wanting to exact revenge on people of the Muslim faith…JUST BECAUSE!

I absolutely disdain what “Religion” stands for.  If I were standing in front of Jesus now and I said to him: “According to the teachings of the day, I am supposed to send all the Illegals back to oppression death and starvation, fight every Muslim faction that threatens Christianity, leave the homeless on the streets and berate them for how lazy they are for not working, and tell every person that does not believe in You they are going to hell!”  I wonder what he would say.

“Right on?”  “Way to Go?” or “Love one another even as I have loved you?”

I know which one I think he would say.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment