Monday, December 8, 2014

A Cool Addiction!



I notice things, weird things, nonsensical things, ambiguous things, and it has caused me to be an addict.   My addiction, however, is not a bad addiction.  Not to me!

I am that guy.  The guy in the movie theater, in front of the television, at the play, that notices when things aren’t right.  When you see the same extra walk through the scene twice.  When the door Is locked, but then it’s not.  The window is opened and then it’s closed.  That house that has been used in other movies. 
I don’t know why I observe those things, but I have always been able to do it.  I guess if I were to associate a name with it I would call it a gift. 

I do the same thing with music on the radio.  I can usually tell the artist and title of the song within a few beats.  In fact I was so good at it that I once got a job doing just that for Radio and Records reporting arm: MediaBase 24/7.  I enjoyed the job, but after about 7 months it got so monotonous that I couldn’t take it anymore.  Sitting hour after hour listening to sections of music and imputing the answers into a computer that went back to the company for charting purposes. 

I also have an offshoot of that gift that I have never been able to make money from, mainly because I didn’t pursue it.  It is the ability to listen to a new album and pick out the hits.  Any genre; rock, country, rap, you name it.   I have done that since I was in Junior High School.

I am not sure what it is about my brain, or my soul, or a combination of both, but I have always had a sixth sense about those kinds of things.  What I want to know is what practical purpose a gift like that would have in the business world?  How can I turn that into cold, hard cash (or a direct deposit)?  Right now it is merely a source of amusement for me, and occasionally a small group of friends.

And like it or not, it is part of who I am.  A nice part. 

“Someone Saved My Life Tonight?” – I called that!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment