Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Reveal...

I have often thought about the consequences of baring it all.  Not in the sense of the deep dark secrets of my life, but just the odd way I look at things.  The sarcasm, the irreverence, the skewed eye of reason that my mind tends to conjure up.  But then I wonder if anyone would read it.  If friends would suddenly think (to themselves or out loud): this is not the George I know.  Though a couple of friends would not be surprised at all.  The close friends.  But the rest?  Shocked.

What makes me wonder this is the level of my success to this point has been based on what I am willing to let other people see and the fear of judgment for the things that are out of sync with the “norm” of our world.  And I realize that by using the term norm offers up differing images to each individual that reads it.  So perhaps by being more true to myself and not to the opinions of others, I may make a Quantum Leap forward.

And while I have not completely come to terms with a decision I am, however, getting close to making that jump.  My reason is that the world has enough people that live within the boundaries of society because it is safe, or it is how they were raised, or they fear the backlash from society.  I HAVE to get over that.  I have to let my freak flag fly (so to speak).  The main reason?  Is that most people who know me, don’t.

Now, to be honest, there are not a lot of huge surprises in store for anyone.  I don’t secretly hurt or maim animals, I don’t worship alien beings, and the biggest shock (that I am prepared to share today), is that though I love beer I sometimes go weeks at a time without drinking one.  And on the weeks that I do I rarely go over 3…in a WEEK.  So, not a huge reveal, but those that hear me talk about my love of beer might have a different perception of my drinking habits.

I will call that particular reveal a fringe secret.  It isn’t in the deep, dark coffers, and really doesn’t change the overall perception of who is me (I know.  I said it that way on purpose).  It’s one of those “oh, I didn’t know that” moments.  A “no big deal” deal.


And I don’t wish to do this for the sensational aspects of it.  Not like the shock jocks, or the openly bellicose types (Miley Cyrus-Justin Bieber come to mind).  I just have a desire for people to understand “the who that I am” so that I can move on to the next level of success.  I mean at 54…it’s about time.  Wouldn’t you say?   Stay Tuned.  And feel free to provide feedback!

1 comment:

  1. i like the you that is you...and hope to see more of that man.

    ReplyDelete