Sunday, February 15, 2015

Politics...gotta love it.

Who in their right mind…

Who will serve?  The pool of honest, hardworking, moral people that are willing to submit themselves to the political microscope is dwindling.  And no wonder.

Now I cannot serve as judge or jury on the recent resignation of the Governor of Oregon because the only thing I know about him is what I have heard in the media.  And more so about the first Fiance’, Cylvia Hayes, than him.  Allegations and accusations that have been sensationalized for your pleasure.  News sources have found the way to sell their product at the expense of compassion and sometimes even truth.

So here’s some more truth for you:  The public will suffer the most for the way politicians are depicted in the media.  The process for vetting a potential candidate for office is so harsh and rigorous that instead of weeding out the riff raff, it weeds out the good honest people that may have a mistake or two in their past that they don’t want on public record.

But here is a thought for anyone who is considering running for an office and has a skeleton or two in the closet.  Own it.  Tell everyone outright.  Put on all of your colors for the world to see.  Because here is how I see that going down:  either you will be embraced for being forthright or your candle will be extinguished.  My sense is though you will be heralded.  We all want to know what we are getting ourselves in for and, if we know from the beginning, we get the sense that the surprises are over and we can talk about the job at hand.  But worst case scenario is that the public rejects you and your campaign is done.  But think of all the money and hard work you just saved yourself and the hundreds of people that were willing to volunteer their time.

That is what I would do if I decided to run for office.  I can imaging the looks of some people’s faces when they hear some of the stuff that I have done.  Oh but wait…You don’t get to know that yet…only if I run for office.  Although it would be completely freeing to relinquish some of those skeletons.  Even if it meant alienating some of my longtime friends and family.  Maybe in another blog!  Or maybe not!


I’m George Henry…and I am NOT running for office…Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment