Thursday, January 15, 2015

She's Sly...She's wiley.



In the Spirit of continuation, I was getting ready to take a bike ride into town yesterday and I was looking for roads less traveled on google maps.  The path that google recommended would take me on the main road into Lake Oswego…and I just did not want to go that way.  So I magnified the computer screen and found a direct route that actually took me down a side road when I saw a business locator pin on the road that I had chosen.  It read: New Thought Center for Spiritual Living.  Curious I had to click on it and see what it was.  It instantly loaded a web page that had a video with some rockin’ music on it and it grabbed me.

This is cool, I thought and began reading some of the text on the page.  The more I read the more I knew that I did not just find this page, but I was directed to it.  And I had to attend their service that evening.

Luckily I have a spouse that is similarly enthused by ventures of this nature and she said she would love to attend as well. 

I have been getting up early every morning this week to go to work, so I took a little down time and napped for a couple hours and when I awoke my first thought was to get ready to go.  Now this is significant because my general nature is to get excited about something and then when it is time to do it…the desire was gone.  But there were far greater forces than I at work.  I still had my joy associated with the task…so we went.

It was supposed to be.  I had a bounce to my step afterward that was heretofore missing.  I don’t know if it was the space or the people or the message, but it all fit together.  Even my wife was moved by the experience.

But I caught it…out of the corner of my eye…my wife?  She was smiling.  And at that moment…I knew she was behind all of this.  She had summoned all of her angels to get behind me and push me out the door.

Hey…whatever works…right?

No comments:

Post a Comment